Dear Valued Guests,
Our management team has developed a comprehensive plan to safely open Roaring Springs. We have shared our plan with officials at Central District Health Department, Idaho Health & Welfare and the Meridian Mayor’s Office and they have given it their approval. Waterparks are authorized to open in Stage 3 of the Governor’s Idaho Rebounds plan.
Some of the measures we are taking to provide a safe environment for our guests and our team members include:
- The CDC states: “Proper operation, maintenance and disinfection (e.g. with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or deactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
- More importantly, Roaring Springs is one of the only aquatic facilities in the Treasure Valley with Ultraviolet Light on all our pools as an added layer of protection for our guests. In the spring of 2018 we invested $350,000 to install UV light on every drop of water that circulates through the waterpark. UV light works by disrupting the DNA or RNA of specific organisms, such as viruses, which in turn, kills or inactivates the virus completely.
- Asking employees and guests with any symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home.
- Per Central District Health’s public health advisory, all guests are strongly recommended to wear face coverings to enter & move about the park, in food lines, gift shop and in restrooms for guests over the age of 2. Employees are required to wear face coverings for the entirety of their shifts. Face coverings WILL NOT be permitted in the water. Keep your mask in a dry place when on towers, slides or in pools. Face masks and shields are available for $1 at the ticket booth.
- Checking the temperatures of all employees before they enter the parks using touch-free infrared thermometers. Any employee with a fever at or above 100.4 degrees F will not be permitted to work.
- Limiting the number of guests to 50% of capacity in the Wave Pool and Endless River.
- Placing alcohol-based hand-sanitizing stations throughout all areas of our parks.
- Requiring most employees to wear face coverings (except lifeguards guarding pools).
- Where possible employees will interact with guests from behind Plexiglass shields.
We hope these measures give you peace of mind as you visit our facilities, now and in the future. We look forward to helping your family create fun and special memories this summer.
Patrick Morandi, CEO
Roaring Springs Waterpark, Wahooz Family Fun Zone & the Galaxy Event Center